I never honestly thought I would ever be saying those two big words that many women dream of saying: I'm Pregnant. But, here I am, 11.5 weeks into my first pregnancy and I'm practically screaming it from roof tops.
Now that I've started to slowly let out the BIG news, let me answer just a few of the questions that have been thrown my way.
1. Was it planned? Yes. For a while. Took longer than expected, but as we all know, God works in mysterious ways.
2. How far along am I? As of this very moment, I am 11 weeks and 3 days pregnant.
3. When did I get the BFP (a.k.a. Big Fat Positive)? Not until April 6th, but apparently had been pregnant for a full month prior and didn't know it. I'll spare you further details.
4. When am I due? November 18th! Perfect time of year, in my opinion.
5. Will we find out the sex of the baby? That would be a negative. A couple we are friends with inspired us by not finding out the sex of their first baby, and have told us several times that it was the best surprise of their lives. As we see it, there are not many surprises left in life (well, not good ones anyway), so why not just wait. The thrill of hearing "It's a ______" in that delivery room may be the best thing that will ever happen to us.
6. How have I felt? Honestly, great. If I didn't have this growing belly, I wouldn't even know I was pregnant. Well, that and the fact that I get out of breath just by walking from the couch to the kitchen (10 feet?), but for the most part, I have been symptom-free.
7. Who all have you told? Well, I've told quite a few people, but my husband has yet to tell his family. They will get the news soon, so for now, until further notice - NO MENTIONS OF THIS ON FACEBOOK!!!!
I hope you'll follow the journey over the next 6 months with me. I'll do my best to keep this as updated as possible. For those of you who have read my blogs in the past, you know I am great at updating...and great at just stopping the writing all together. I'm hoping this one lasts a while.
Here's a sneak peak of our little Smyrna Embryo: