Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Double Ear Infection

Dear Katie,

You poor little monkey, you. This week has not been a good one for anyone in our family, between a death in the family and, now, you have a double ear infection. Nothing like being a little overachiever - forget just having one ear infected, but you had to go and have two!

When I picked you up from daycare yesterday afternoon, your fever was 102.6, but just a short while later, it was already up to 103.6. Mommy was scared!!! To me, that just seems so high, but the doctor just gave you some Motrin, checked your ears and sent us on our way.

Sometimes, I have wondered this week if you have sensed that Mommy has been very sad because you have been extra loving this week. You even fell asleep on my chest on Monday afternoon - something you rarely even did as a newborn. It was just what I needed, as I am going through a rough time this week, grieving over the death of your Great Grandfather.

Your Grandmother is coming to visit you tonight and will be taking care of you this weekend. It's Mommy and Daddy's first time away from you. I'm sad that we are leaving you here, but I'd rather you get better than drag you on a 14-hour round trip car ride!

Feel better sweet pea!

Love,
Mommy

1 comment: