Wednesday, September 9, 2009

OMG! 10 Weeks to go!!

30 weeks...how in the world has it been 30 weeks of being "with child"? How is it possible that in 10 weeks (or less -yikes) that we will finally come face to face with Smyrna Baby? The realization is really starting to set in - especially now that his/her movement is crazy, the carseat and swing have arrived, and, well...I'm getting huge!!

I know the next 10 weeks are going to be tough. I've developed "the waddle", my morning walks with Tungsten are slower than ever, I look like I am having an asthma attack whenever I walk up the stairs and I'm getting downright uncomfortable. But, you know what? I LOVE IT! I love every second of it and am doing everything I can to cherish the next 10 (or how many ever) weeks. I've already started to think about how I can't wait for the next pregnancy (I say that now...ask me in 12 weeks what I was thinking)!

30 week pictures will come in the next couple of days...in the meantime, enjoy a little lesson of what Smyrna Baby is up to this week!

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

No comments:

Post a Comment