Monday, January 4, 2010

Wanted: SLEEP

Every new mom craves it, yearns for it, begs for it and is hopeful that one day more than 3 straight hours of sleep will return to their lives. I am now one of those moms. I have been working quite hard to get Katie on a good bedtime routine and, based on what I am reading (on message boards, various websites), she seems to be responding well. Naturally, I am not satisfied and want more...and am somewhat hopeful she will start sleeping in longer stretches soon.

Right now, I have her asleep by 10:00 and she is waking up around 2-2:30 am. I feed/burp/change/rock her for an hour and then she usually wakes back up around 6 or 6:30 am. I find myself obsessed with reading tips on how to improve her sleeping, make her sleep longer, and have even resorted to posting messages on message boards asking for reassurance that something will change soon.

I am prepared for the fact that we may have a while to go before she sleeps longer than 4 hours at a time, but a girl can dream, right?

This afternoon, I will be starting a new book that I picked up for $2.50 at the local used book store - The Baby Sleep Solution: A Proven Program to Teach Your Baby to Sleep Twelve Hours a Night just to see what techniques they recommend. I can't seem to get enough "sleep" reading these days...well, when I am not trying to get some sleep myself! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment