Sunday, June 6, 2010

Homemade Baby Food

I think I am officially sold on making baby food for Katie. For those of you that have known me for a long time, you know I like to save money wherever I can. Well, after I did the math tonight on what I saved by making her some food, I am officially 100% sold.

2 sweet potatoes from Publix = $1.38 = jars of baby food!

9 jars of baby food from Publix = $6.93!!

So, by spending 20 minutes (9 of that was the sweet potatoes cooking in the microwave), I saved us $5.55! Not too shabby if you ask me.

So far, her favorite homemade baby food (in no particular order) includes peas, applesauce, pears, bananas and sweet potatoes. The foods she (literally) gagged at were mashed avocado and green beans.

If only I had the gagging on video...so dramatic!

1 comment:

  1. I make Rylie's food too. It is so much easier than I thought it would be!!

    ReplyDelete