Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Sweet Moment

Friday night was my first night on the town without either Smyrna Dad or Smyrna Baby. After a stressful afternoon with the baby, going out to be with work friends was the only thing I could think of (that and a nice glass of wine!). Of course, after being out for only a couple hours, I began to think about what was going on at home and truly missed my family. In fact, I started counting down the minutes until I could get home to see them!

When I pulled into the driveway at 10:45 that night, I saw her bathroom light on, which meant that she was awake and Smyrna Dad was tending to her. I should have known better than to enter into her nursery, but I couldn't help myself. I had to know what had happened that caused her to be awake at this hour (especially since her new bedtime is 9:30).

As soon as I walked in, she looked up at me from Brad's arms and started to smile ear-to-ear! Smyrna Baby was so genuinely happy to see me - it absolutely melted my heart! The couple smiles I received were worth the headache of her being wide awake until midnight. I honestly don't think I will ever forget that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment