Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Introducing....Rice Cereal!

Just to err on the safe side, we took Katie to the doctor this morning for them to officially diagnose her cold. We walked away with peace of mind knowing that this is all that it is, her lungs sound great and her ears look good.

While talking to the pediatrician, she asked me how Katie's sleep has been. I explained to her how she has been sleeping through the night for 2 months now, but just in the past two weeks, we have been running into some issues. While I know that most of the issues were congestion-related, I have still been questioning whether or not Katie really is/should be hungry in the middle of the night.

Dr. Wolfe's recommendation: go ahead and introduce rice cereal tonight and see what happens! Rice cereal!! Talk about a milestone. So, I breastfed her, as always, around 8:00 and then I mixed in a tablespoon of Gerber Rice Cereal with her 2 oz of formula she gets every night before bed. Right now, she is sound asleep...and I am hoping this lasts until at least 5 am tomorrow!

Our baby is growing up SO fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment