Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Swaddle Update

This past week was sort of a weird one between continuing the "de-swaddling" process and I was home sick for two days with the stomach flu. In order for me to get some decent sleep, I continued swaddling her with one arm out and one arm in, and wasn't ready to tackle both arms out again until I was good and ready for a night of no sleep!

But, here we are almost a full week later and we have had success 2 out of 3 nights in a row with both arms out! Per a friend's recommendation, I have kept her legs in the swaddle so it's nice and tight but left the arms out. It's worked!

In addition, I decided this weekend to attempt to stretch the time in between her feedings to 4 hours. It only seems logical that she is ready to go longer stretches, especially given that she is getting a little bit of rice cereal in the evening. Sure enough, yesterday and today I had absolutely zero problems with her going that long. The only challenge we ran into last night was that she woke up several times - I think because of the swaddle situation, but at one point acted hungry. Just so I could get some sleep, I fed her for about 5 minutes and that seemed to tie her over until the wee hours of the morning (5 am).

I have a feeling that as she gets older, we are going to have a very early riser on our hands. Thank goodness, after she wakes up at 5 am, she will always go back to sleep for at least a couple hours, but how long will that last?! I think I will enjoy it while it lasts...

No comments:

Post a Comment