Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sleep Sack: Day 3

I haven't had much to report on the past few nights, hence the lack of blogging. I will say, however, that I am keeping at it with this whole arms-out-of-the-swaddle/use the sleep sack thing and will say the past 2 nights were MUCH better. A friend emailed me and reminded me babies like consistency (thanks Jenn!), so I decided to just keep the same routine up and see what happens.

Just before bed, I put her in the sleep sack, nurse her one last time (her top-off feeding) and then put her in the crib. I have then been swaddling just her legs, but keeping both arms out. Tuesday night she slept until 3:30 before waking up with her arms flying all around (I went in, gave her a paci, and then ended up having to hold her and rock with her for 5 minutes to calm her back down...she then slept until 5:00). Last night she slept until 4:30. I woke up to her crying...went in, gave her the paci and that was all I needed to do to calm her down. She went right back to sleep and slept until 5:45.

If anything, during all of this, I have at least learned to keep my patience level in tact and remember this isn't something that HAS to happen overnight. If I keep swaddling her legs for the next couple months, so be it. Our biggest concern is making sure her arms are out in the event she rolls onto her belly.

I hope I didn't just jinx myself by writing all of this and end up being up all night!

No comments:

Post a Comment