Friday, July 17, 2009

22 Week Check-Up

I had my 22-week check-up yesterday, which lasted oh...all of about 10 minutes! It would've been less if I hadn't walked into the bathroom to leave a urine sample, only to find myself yelling "Nooooooooooo!!!!!" at the toilet as I realized I flushed without ever leaving one! Thankfully, it only takes approximately 3 minutes to refill my bladder these days, so it wasn't much of an issue. My first true stupid pregnancy moment!

Needless to say, the visit was great. The nurse practitioner I met with measured my belly (with a measuring tape) and said I was right on track and listened to the heartbeat. I took the liberty of recording this part of the appointment - a video that will prove to be possibly boring to several of you, as she had a hard time finding the heartbeat, but one that I will cherish nonetheless. Eventually the thump-thump-thump was found, but it made for a rather lengthy video!

My weight gain is right on track - I did gain 5 lbs this past month which wasn't too much of a shock given my frequent visits to bakeries while in PDX...and the fact that I am growing a human inside me. All-in-all, I have gained a whopping 10 lbs, which from what I read is right on track. And, thankfully, it seems to be all in my belly!

I'll entertain (or bore) you with a video in the next couple days. Uploading a 200+MB video to YouTube takes a bit longer than you may expect!

Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment