Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Innocence of a Child

I've had such joy the past 4 days playing with my almost-four-year-old brother. We've gone to the playground (2 actually), blown up countless balloons, played with fireworks (poppers/snappers), taken walks through a couple vegetable gardens and read a ton of books together. This morning, as I was helping him get ready for pre-school, I found myself thinking about how much I am going to enjoy being a mom.

The innocence of a child, to me, is an amazing thing. You buy him a pack of latex balloons and he can remain fascinated for hours on end. A child will ask countless questions, and half of them I find myself laughing at. "Why did you use up ALL of the toilet paper?"

I look forward to the day when our son or daughter has a similar curiosity about life and a deep sense of wonder about the world, like my 4-year-old brother does. It can't help but bring a smile to your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment