Sunday, July 12, 2009

It's 4 am..

I've heard from several of my friends that there will come a time in the pregnancy where you wake up in the middle of the night, and are wide awake. Well, this makes 2nights this week, but unfortunately the kicker is that it's a result of an acid reflux attack! If I lie down, everything comes back....well....read about acid reflux if you don't know what it is. I'll spare you the details at 4:00 in the morning!

The silver lining of being awake at this hour is really two-fold. #1 - I can lay in bed and periodically feel the baby moving around. #2 - I can update my blog, as I forgot to yesterday!

We have had a new development this week! Smyrna Baby has learned to swallow amnioitic fluid this week. Just call Smyrna Baby advanced - this normally doesn't happen until 23 weeks, but can happen as early as 21 weeks. Our baby is obviously skilled, given that he/she started to swallow at 21 weeks and 1 day. And, how do I know this you ask? Well, hiccups! Baby has gotten the hiccups 3 times now. Twice on my right side and an hour ago on my left side (guess he/she has finally swapped sides)!

For those of you who have been pregnant and experienced this, I am sure you will all agree it is the coolest (and strangest) feeling! If I hadn't had so many friends tell me about it before, I never would've guessed that the consistent feeling (for approximately 1 minute) were hiccups, but now it's so obvious.

From what I have read, this is all a sign of a very healthy baby...

I'm off too bed again and hoping that a couple pillows under my back will help me fall back asleep for a few hours! Oh, and I was just kidding about the "advanced baby" part. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment