Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Confessions of a Registry Peeker

My name is Erin and I am a Baby Registry Peeker. I can't help myself. I did it once just for kicks, thinking there was no way anyone had bought anything, but sure enough someone had. Now, with 4 days until our first baby shower, I am obsessed with checking it at least a few times a week.

Earlier this evening, I found myself thinking back to our engagement when I would do everything I could to refrain from looking at our wedding registry, but (of course) failed miserably. As I wrote here in my wedding blog, I would always frown at the idea of peeking - "it's like searching for Christmas gifts in your parent's house when you were a kid and then putting them back. There is just something about that that doesn't seem right."

Of course, the way I can justify it these days is that the gifts really aren't for us. They are for Smyrna Baby. So, as long as I am not whispering to our baby everything he/she is going to get, it's all OK....right?

No comments:

Post a Comment