Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hormones: 1500; Smyrna Mom: -10

Call it denial, but I think I honestly believed I could get through 40 weeks without having hormonal issues. Talk about a big slap in the face. Saturday I was in the BEST mood; Sunday night, I felt like going on some form of a rampage; yesterday, I felt anxiousness like I haven't felt in ages accompanied with a little bit of anger (for no reason); and today came the tears. A lot of them. 4 times in fact - 3 times at work and once on my way home.

Interestingly enough, a friend of mine who is due very close to me emailed yesterday to say she started going through the same thing the past few days. Last week, she broke down crying at work which, she said, she rarely does. In many ways, we both found comfort knowing that at least we weren't completely weird.

I have very strong intentions to kick these hormones in the ass, but it's going to be tough. Very tough. But, given that I have dinner with friends tomorrow, a haircut on Thursday and dinner with a friend I haven't seen in 10+ years on Friday, I'm bound to perk up...right? Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment