Thursday, June 4, 2009

16 weeks = Avocados

Yesterday we hit the 16 week marker and are having some major developments! If you recall, yesterday I mentioned that I was having cramping. Well, it turns out they are definitely the result of growing pains; which, by the way, I not having them as much today and feel 100% better!

How your baby's growing:
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.


I thought the last line of the growth update was interesting, as this morning I came upstairs, and felt like I had just completed an hour of boot camp! Smyrna Baby is definitely using up a lot of my oxygen these days!

Below are a few pictures for your entertainment! The last one cracks me up - only because I remember when the 9.5 week picture was taken, I commented about how "much" I was showing. Um...yeah right....

16 Week Picture:


14 weeks versus 16 weeks - You can definitely see a little bit of growth!



9.5 weeks versus 16 weeks - And, to think that I thought I was really "showing" at 9.5 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment