Sunday, June 7, 2009

Tugging at the Heart Strings

Today when I arrived home from a wonderful weekend getaway with some dear friends, I walked upstairs and discovered that Smyrna Baby's crib had arrived, and had been assembled. I must've stood there in the nursery staring at the crib for a good 2-3 minutes, at one point feeling like I may tear up, before I finally just had to sit down on the floor and continue looking.

It's obviously not the beauty of the crib that was tugging my heart strings, but the idea that in 5 months there will be a baby taking up space in this room that has been unoccupied for so long. Honestly, reality really started to set in and it made me so incredibly happy!

1 comment:

  1. The first of many of those kinds of moments...it will continue your child's entire life!! I gaze at TJ in amazement almost everyday!

    ReplyDelete