Wednesday, October 14, 2009

35 Weeks and Counting!

I read this morning that Smyrna Baby is the size of a small roasted chicken. I thought this was a very good analogy, given that I believe often times the baby has his/her feet tucked in under its body, and in many ways when you pick up a roasted chicken, you can't necessarily determine the back from the butt. Well, at least I can't...

Anyway...

Here is your weekly update, as well as a new picture to keep you entertained.

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

2 comments:

  1. how's your back feeling? You are such a cute looking mommy-to-be:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Overall, my back is good. I've had issues with one spot in my back since about 20 weeks, but that's about it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete