Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Plan

I know that this headline is extremely subjective - you never really can have a "plan" when talking about going into labor, but humor me for at least tonight.

The c-section is planned for 2 weeks from today, 11/12/09 (1 day after our 3-year wedding anniversary!), at 5:15 p.m. If we keep this time slot, I will have to be done with all eating and drinking no later than 9:15 that morning. YIKES. Given how much I drink water, this is going to be very difficult!

We did learn that there is a good chance we will get bumped up to a 1:15 time slot, but possibly won't know until a day or so before the birth day. If that is the case, I have to be done with all eating/drinking by 5:15 a.m.

The scheduling nurse told me she would write me a "note", to give to my husband, letting him know he must get up, cook breakfast and bring it to me in bed. I told her I may take her up on it.

I will say two things:

1. I felt an extreme amount of pressure early this morning - similar to what I felt a couple Sunday's ago when the baby actually turned. A large, round body part went back up under my rib cage and has been there all day. Was it a possible turn, or just a shift in position?

2. Tonight, I am having a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen, and either had some tap dancing going on earlier, or punching with fists.

Given that each time I think the baby is up, it's down - or vice versa - I figure it's not worth guessing at this point. We'll know soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment