Sunday, October 11, 2009

At Peace...

I struggled last week with the idea that I may have to have a scheduled c-section, due to the baby possibly being breech. Struggled to the point that I cried one day two different times. Realize that it is not so much to do with the c-section itself as much as it had to do with the idea that I may be "missing out" on something if I have to schedule our baby's arrival.

After talking things over with my husband (several times) and several friends, I finally worked through everything. Thanks to several people explaining the pros and cons of both a natural and caesarean delivery, I felt 100% better. I was able to make peace with everything and understand that everything will work out exactly like it's supposed to. Let's face it - I don't have control over any of this anyway, so why stress? And, not to mention, after sitting through our final 4-hour childbirth class this afternoon, I started to really think how maybe a c-section wouldn't be all that bad after all! :)

No matter what, Smyrna Baby will make his/her appearance in the next 5 weeks, and as long as he/she is healthy, I could really care less what arrival route he/she takes.


  1. I know it is a tough situation -- as a woman you have a right and desire to experience child birth naturally, and as a mother, you also want what's best for the baby. The whole birthing process becomes its own entity and regardless of what it brings, either natural or c-section enjoy every moment of it as it goes by in an instant. At the end of the day a you and B will be proud parents of a wonderful bundle of joy!

  2. Thanks for your kind words! You are 100% right and it's the "experience" I have been frustrated about. It's only natural, in my opinion, to want to experience this the way so many millions of women have. But, I have to remember that there is still time for this baby to turn, and regardless if he/she doesn't, at the end of the day it really won't matter. Smyrna Baby will make an appearance either way and I cannot wait!