Monday, October 26, 2009

Group B Strep Test: Positive

I received a call from my nurse this morning to let me know that I tested postive for the Group B Strep Test. She was not concerned whatsoever, as it is very common for pregnant women to carry this bacteria. When I arrive to the hospital, I will receive a dosage of penicillin to help kill the bacteria, and this should help prevent from me passing it along to Smyrna Baby. With receiving the oral meds, the baby only has a 1 in 4000 chance of contracting GBS.

More information can be found here if you are interested.

I'm off to the doctor in the AM, and unfortunately could only get an appointment with the weight-obsessed doctor. Let's hope those Iced Pumpkin Cookies I made and consumed this weekend don't come back to haunt me when I step on the scale!

No comments:

Post a Comment