Wednesday, November 4, 2009

8 Days and Counting!

It's official - this baby is still transverse! His/her head is still right around my upper right side, right near my ribs, while the bum is on my left side with a foot (or two) dangling down below. As it stands right this minute, given any unforseen circumstances (i.e. my water doesn't break between now and next Thursday), I will be delivering this baby on November 12, 2009 at 5:15 p.m.!

Today was the first day that I have truly gotten excited. I'm talking beaming, bouncing off the walls, grinning ear-to-ear excitement! To know that in less than 8 days, we are going to finally be able to see, meet, hold, kiss and love our Smyrna Baby is just incredible.

I could care less at this point if I am having a c-section - this baby obviously didn't want to go head down for a long time, and once he/she did, it wasn't a favorable position, so back up he/she went. That's fine. As long as Smyrna Baby is safe, not in any danger or in any sort of distress, I am fine with whatever the doctor's feel is best to bring him/her into this world.

Less than 8 days. Wow. I swear, wasn't it just yesterday that I took a pregnancy test?

No comments:

Post a Comment