Friday, November 27, 2009

Oh the things we do for our kids...

Honestly, I never had any idea how difficult it would be to eliminate dairy from my diet. Last night, after not being 100% full from Thanksgiving dinner since I couldn't eat the mashed potatoes, sweet mashed potatoes or pumpkin pie (all contained milk), I found myself scouring the kitchen for anything I could possibly eat.

Microwave Popcorn? No - contains milk
15-Grain Bread? No - contains low fat milk in the ingredients
Peanut Butter? No - only because now I am concerned she will get a peanut allergy

The list goes on and on...

I finally settled on a bowl of plain oatmeal with a tad bit of sugar and a cup of tea just to tie me over until morning.

And, all because Katie MAY have a possible milk protein allergy. Yes, obviously, I could completely throw in the towel on breastfeeding and resort to only giving her formula, but that's not an option in my book. Breastfeeding Katie is very important to me, and if I need to give up my favorite food group in order for her to receive the benefits from my milk, then so be it!

The good news is that my lactation consultant told me earlier that there is a good chance she will grow out of this within 3 months. 90 days...12 weeks...

Yes, the countdown is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment