Monday, November 23, 2009

"Where is the Baby?"

The number of times one of us has woken up in the past week, in a complete panic, and asked, "Hun, OMG, do you have the baby?" is getting out of control. I suppose our subconcious is working in overtime after hearing a million and one stories about SIDS during our classes and hospital stay.

Smyrna Dad woke up one night convinced he had the baby, but didn't know where she was - and all while holding the comforter in a way that you would think she was swaddled. I woke up one night thinking that I had overheated the baby with the heating pad I was using, and later woke up in a cold sweat frantically looking for Baby Katie. I ripped off all of the covers, looked on the floor, freaked Smyrna Dad out before realizing that she was in Smyrna Grandmother's bedroom sound asleep.

Last night I woke up patting my pillow in the middle of the night, searching for her head because I was convinced I had stuffed her inside the pillow case by mistake and was suffocating her.

I can only imagine how we are going to react when she is in our room starting this Friday night! Welcome to the world of parenthood and the constant feeling of we need to do everything we can to protect our baby girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment