Friday, November 20, 2009

Happy 1 Week Birthday, Katie Bug!

All day yesterday, I found myself looking at the clock and thinking, "This time last week, we had just arrived to the hospital." Or, "This time last week, Katie had just been born and we were being wheeled into recovery." It's already been a week and I don't know where the time went.

In terms of her looks, I don't think Katie has changed all that much in the past 7 days - at least not as much as I thought she would. She is still just as alert as she was the day she was born and, of course, as beautiful as could be!

We have spent the past week getting to know one another and learning/studying breastfeeding and trying to get it nailed down. She absolutely loves being held, getting fed, sleeping on whomever will let her sleep on them and absolutely HATES having her diaper changed. As I told someone earlier, I have never seen an infant get so ticked off over a diaper change. No question we have a fiesty one on our hands! :)

We love her more and more every day. Happy 1-week birthday, little baby Katie!

No comments:

Post a Comment