Sunday, November 8, 2009

Transverse Lie Position: A Visual

I find that many people mistake a "transverse lie" position for a "breech" position, but they are completely different from one another. Below is a picture of both a baby in a breech position and a baby in a transverse lie position - Smyrna Baby obviously falls in the transverse lie category - something that is considered rare.

I am very curious which body part they will identify first and be able to pull out of a small 6-inch (or so) incision next Thursday. My assumption is they will pull a foot out first, but I could be completely wrong.

Right now, the head is on my left side, the butt is on the right and the feet are right around the birth canal opening. My impression is that he/she is face down, as though he/she is looking towards the opening, but either can't or does not want to head down that way (no pun intended)!

No comments:

Post a Comment