Monday, November 2, 2009

Timing Movements

I've often wondered if there will be any sort of pattern as to when Smyrna Baby is moving in utero versus when he/she is out here living/breathing in the real world. For the next couple of days, I am going to attempt to track Smyrna Baby's movements, and will later refer back to these notes to see if there was, in fact, any sort of pattern.

I started off making notes first thing this morning, but once lunchtime came and went, I forgot to write anything down (this is where I get to blame pregnancy brain). Here is what I noticed:

4:30 a.m. - Little movement; squirming around. Didn't last maybe more than 10 or so minutes.

7:30 a.m. - Lots of movement while I was sitting on the floor putting on my makeup. You could watch my shirt bounce/move all over the place.

10:30 a.m. - Slight movement uppper right side, and gradually turned into swimming-like movements (where you could see my shirt moving from across the room).

12:00 Noon - LOTS of movement all over - up/down/left/right. Everywhere. Smyrna Baby must've been hungry!

1:30 - Smyrna Baby was crazy active, and it almost felt as though his/her feet were on my bladder. The head (??) was moving all around in the upper right side, causing me to periodically jump/flinch.

Tomorrow I will try to track movements throughout the entire day just to get an overall picture, but this alone was very interesting to me!

A friend of mine made a comment today how you could almost tell the baby was still transverse just by looking at me. I am inclined to think the same thing, but will have to wait until Wednesday morning to find out for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment