Friday, November 6, 2009

Maternity Leave....AHHHHHHHHHHHH.....

I kicked off my official maternity leave today, and what a great feeling it has been. I am sitting here, in our kitchen, with the back door open, enjoying an incredibly beautiful Fall day. Our Golden Retriever has been sleeping right by the back deck all afternoon, soaking in the warm rays.

I have had one of the nicest days I've had in a long time - walked the dog in the morning (36 degree temps- brrrrrr), cleaned up the house, went through the mail, re-arranged some furniture (light furniture - don't worry) in a guest room, caught up on Grey's Anatomy, had lunch with my husband, paid some bills, got dinner in the slow cooker, had a manicure, bought some fruit and am now waiting on a friend to come by and see the nursery. The perfect, relaxing, quiet day - just how I wanted to kick off this new "era", as Smyrna Dad has said numerous times in the past 24 hours.

Listening to the birds chirp and dogs barking in the distance makes me realize how much I need to enjoy this "quiet" time...as, it's all about to come to an end in exatly 6 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment